Our Foundation receives hundreds of grant requests each year. Unfortunately, we can fund only a small percentage of the many worthwhile grant proposals. The following guidelines and procedures, effective January 1, 2015 govern the grant making process.
The Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant proposals. All organizations seeking to submit a grant proposal must first submit an electronic Letter of Inquiry (LOI) by August 1st, directed to
Chichester duPont Foundation, Inc.
5720 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
Organizations are strongly urged to submit their LOI early. An acceptance of a Letter of Inquiry does not guarantee funding.
Only those LOI’s that demonstrate one or more of the following relationships may be invited to submit a formal grant proposal:
- Your organization is located in Delaware.
- Your organization serves underprivileged children in the State of Delaware
- One or more of the Foundation’s Trustees have an established relationship with your organization.
We will make our best effort to respond within two (2) weeks from the time we receive your LOI.
Formal Grant Proposal
Organizations that receive an invitation to submit a formal grant proposal must observe the following procedure:
- Your application must contain the following:
- A cover letter providing a brief project description and the specific amount requested.
- A proposal, not exceeding three (3) pages, clearly setting forth the proposed program and the objectives to be attained.
- An outline of how the program’s success will be monitored and evaluated
- Your organization's most recent budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
- A copy of your IRS Section 501(c)(3) status.